Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 12: Famous Last Words


As we inch closer and closer to the end of the semester, things are getting busier and busier. I missed a ton last week in my classes due to being sick all week, which was absolutely no fun. With it being one of busiest week for work and school, it was definitely not a good time to be sick. But luckily I am feeling better and back to my normal schedule of not laying in bed and sleeping all day and feeling awful! I really liked the readings this week as I wrote my favorite story so far. Although it may be a little creepy and scary, I am a huge fan of the murder mystery/crime drama movies and shows, so I found an English tale called "Mr. Fox" that reminded me of one of those shows or movies and I wrote a story about a mysterious murderer who snuck out of his house every night and was later arrested for being a murderer. Check it out!

The picture at the top of the page is in honor of my favorite basketball player and favorite athlete of all time, Kobe Bryant, retiring this week. Last night he played in final away game right here in OKC, as I was there to witness my favorite player get cheered for by everyone in the arena. On Wednesday, he will play his final game of his 20 year career and I can't imagine what basketball would be like without him. He won five championships with the Los Angeles Lakers and will go down to be one of the top 10 if not top 5 players to ever play the game. Kobe was the reason I started playing basketball and the reason why I am the basketball fan that I am today. He was known for his competitive nature among many things, one thing that people respect about him, whether they love him or hate him. Wednesday will be a sad night for basketball fans, but a night in which every basketball fan should look back and appreciate everything that Kobe did for the game of basketball. 

1 comment:

  1. Patrick, I am sorry you weren’t feeling good this week. I feel like everyone has been getting sick recently! I am also a fan of murder mysteries. There is something about them that keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time! I love how you included a picture of Kobe Bryant in your post this week (that was awesome.) Keep up all your great work!

    ReplyDelete