Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 6: Famous Last Words

Another week has gone by and I can't believe it is already week 6 of the semester. Each semester of school goes by faster and faster and before we know it, we will be taking finals. Some of us (including myself) will be graduating, which is crazy to me.

This week, I read the Brer Rabbit unit for my reading. I will admit I was not a huge fan of it but I realize I am not going to be a fan of every single reading on here. Brer Rabbit was told in a different style of writing that was kind of hard to read but the overall plot was not bad. I enjoyed writing my story, however, as I was able to write it in my own way and I did an alternative ending, which I love doing to stories. Hopefully I can get some helpful feedback from you all on my story and I hope you enjoy it!

As far as my other classes go, they haven't been too bad. I feel like all my classes are kind of slow right now and it is only a matter of time before the rush of tests, projects, presentations, etc. all come crashing in at once. I am sure all of you know how that feels, especially if you are a senior like me. I finally am adjusted to all my classes and have my own little schedule of how I do things and when I do them. I am taking 3 online classes so while there are still deadlines, I am able to have a pretty flexible schedule, which I enjoy.

This weekend, I am headed to Breckenridge, Colorado for the weekend for a little mini vacation. I have been once before, just not too long ago and cannot wait to get back up there. Breck is a really relaxing ski town with a lot of cool shops and restaurants downtown. I think it will be a perfect little getaway. Since we don't get many breaks in the Spring semester, I thought; I am just going to create a break on my own! Haha. My family and I will be the ones going up there for a few days so it should be fun. I do not know if any of you have been to Breckenridge but this is one of my favorite pictures and one that I saw by searching "Breckenridge" on Google way back before I ever went because I was curious what it looked like and was so eager to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment