Thursday, January 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites

My favorite storybooks:

1. The Villians of Black Magic 
This what a really interesting story because it dug into villains and what they actually are and how we are around them every day. The term villain makes me think of movies such as batman, spiderman, etc. and how villains take over a city or whatever. This storybook was cool cause it looked at villains from an actual villains perspective and what influences their acts of violence/darkness. It was interesting to find out more about Rumpelstiltskin after hearing his name for so long but not actually knowing a lot about him.

This was a very unique storybook and i really liked the way it was all set up in its unique way. It was weird to be quite honest but weird in a good way. This storybook discusses the MBI (Mythological Bureau Investigations) which is responsible for making sure the world of mythology and folklore maintains the balance of good and evil. I really like how references from Game of Thrones and Harry Potter were thrown in there as well. 

This was my favorite one of the three because I thought it was hilarious and loved the way she tied OU into it, allowing students to relate to it. This will probably be the theme and design/idea I will go for when making my storybook. The Trickster of OU focuses on Prometheus' story but is translated into an OU theme broken down into "the parking incident", "the longhorn incident" and a couple other interesting categories. My favorite part was when she talked about the parking incident and talks about how bad the parking is here at OU. I think this type of idea really attracts students to read it like it did for me because it was something I could relate to easily. 

These three were some of my favorites, with "The Trickster of OU" being my favorite of the three but it looks like there are many other interesting storybooks and I look forward to reading more of them as I get closer to making my own storybook here in a couple weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment