Thursday, January 21, 2016

UnTextbook Overview

The first unit that got my attention was the Noah section. One reason why this unit was intriguing was  because I remember hearing all about Noah's Arch as a kid so it is somewhat familiar to me but I was not old enough to really understand and appreciate all the details to the story.


Another post that grabbed my attention was Alice in Wonderland for some of the same reasons as Noah's Arch. Growing up with a sister, I ALWAYS heard about Alice In Wonderland but it never really interested me that much obviously because i thought of it as a girls interest. It also popped out to me because they are still making different versions of Alice in Wonderland and having them in theaters today so i look forward to reading more into it to see what I was "missing out" on as a child LOL. This is also interesting to me because it was made into a Disney movie and my girlfriend has a little niece who is all into the Disney movies so I get to hear all about them every single day. 






1 comment:

  1. I am glad you want to learn about Noah, Patrick! That unit has the Biblical story of Noah, plus all kinds of extra legends about him. And if you are looking for something in Week 3, you might give the Jewish Fairy Tales unit a try. There is a great story in there about Noah, too... Noah and a giant named Og and a unicorn, as you can see in the picture here: great stuff! Jewish Fairy Tales: The Giant of the Flood

    ReplyDelete